Home Automated Living Forums

Home Automated Living Forums (https://www.automatedliving.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Assistance (https://www.automatedliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   6.1.37 breaks backwards compatibility with HALi? (https://www.automatedliving.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5638)

djewell 12-20-2016 09:05 AM

Re: 6.1.37 breaks backwards compatibility with HALi?

Just upgraded and I had the break with TellMe application. Is it posted anymore for people? I really only used it for Random Text to speech so I configured HAL to do it for me instead. Probably need to update the documentation for random TTS as I couldn't find details on it and fumbled through until I figured it out when I hovered the Random speak check box.

TimShriver 12-20-2016 09:13 AM

"Error 1800
File open error: c:\program files\hal\data\macro.dbf
could not open marco.dbf exclusive"

That indicates that the file was open when you installed HAL. I would close HAL, check task manager to make sure there are no HAL tasks running and reinstall HAL.

Tim

TimShriver 12-20-2016 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djewell (Post 31709)
Just upgraded and I had the break with TellMe application. Is it posted anymore for people? I really only used it for Random Text to speech so I configured HAL to do it for me instead. Probably need to update the documentation for random TTS as I couldn't find details on it and fumbled through until I figured it out when I hovered the Random speak check box.

Good Point!

BDD43 12-20-2016 04:21 PM

canadauser,

The only time I've seen it have File Open error is when I did not run it as Administrator.
Since yours also states exclusive, it could be that HAL is running. Like others said, I would go into Task Manager and stop anything with HAL listed.

dtomcat 12-21-2016 09:17 AM

I am not home right now. But when I'm back in town, I can package up the new version of Tell Me and provide a link if wanted

djewell 12-27-2016 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimShriver (Post 31711)
Good Point!

Is it possible to get more space for random text to speech? Also is there a way to change the Hal response goodbye to a random exit comment?

TimShriver 12-27-2016 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djewell (Post 31715)
Is it possible to get more space for random text to speech? Also is there a way to change the Hal response goodbye to a random exit comment?

David,

Great requests... I will make sure both are part of the new 7.0 release.

Regards,

Tim