View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 08:53 AM   #4
DadGoneMad
Advanced Member

Cool Re: 6.1.37 breaks backwards compatibility with HALi?

I don't think it's your system only. I had HALPro 6.1.35 installed and then Microsoft sent out some patch updates. After installation HALPro Internet Server or HAL Server processes would periodically crash only after a minute or so after starting HALPro. It's very strange because it will crash, watchdog will restart the missing processes, run for a few minutes and then crash again. After about an hour or so of watchdog restarting processes it seems like it stops crashing and will run for a few hours then starts the process of crashing all over again. It didn't do this before Microsoft patches were installed. I then saw that 6.1.37 became available and downloaded/installed. After installation it is actually worse and some processes stop, Watchdog restarts them, but then sometimes I don't get the "ear" icon on my taskbar, or worse I get 30 of them showing until I put my mouse over the taskbar and then they all disappear. I have to manually end each HAL process, then restart HALPro again. It will stay up for a few minutes, then (wash, rinse, repeat) some process stop responding. I suspect that Microsoft patched something that is causing this issue. I've opened a ticket with the helpdesk and hope that someone can connect into my system when I go on vacation for the holiday's next week because it's driving me crazy seeing my log file full of processes missing, restarting over and over again. What did Microsoft do that could be causing this because it didn't happen prior to installing the last round of patches they sent out.
DadGoneMad is offline   Reply With Quote