View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 08:42 PM   #14
stregone

Thumbs up Re: Cannot add Blocked numbers

Tim,

There was a lot of different issues discovered throughout my troubleshooting phase:

My ISP had issues with my service and I suspect since its the same as my phone company, the Caller ID was not reporting either because I noticed HAL was not announcing my calls.

There appeared to be a conflict with my com ports and I noticed during my last call to the home phone from my iPhone, there was no ring in the ear piece of my iPhone while the house phone was ringing, only silence, which is probably why I could not hear the announcement once HAL answered.

Then I remembered reading somewhere on the board that having HAL announce the caller repeatedly could possibly cause an issue.

My internet connection came back, I resolved the com port conflict, I changed the HAL settings to announce call Once instead of until call is answered and I rebooted my iPhone, After all that, everything has mysteriously been restored to normal again. I call the home phone, I hear the phone ring in the iPhone earpiece, Hal announces the call, I heard HAL's TTS play the outgoing answering machine message, left a message and Finally everything is restored. Not sure how many of my sub issues were related to this whole thing, but sharing all the details may help someone else in the future.

Thanks for taking the time to help me troubleshoot on what should be your day off, I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate your expertise and assistance. Now I can feel comfortable leaving my home in HAL's hands again while I am gone to Dallas.

Have a Great Weekend.
stregone is offline   Reply With Quote