View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 08:52 AM   #9
canadauser

Default Re: Windows 10 and HALUltra 6.nn problem

Latest update. When the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 was offered last year for free I took the option because I figured it would be forced on me at some point. I did and the upgrade went smoothly.

However, my PC is now 9 years old and was from an era that Windows 10 had not even been thought about.

Recently my PC started just shutting down, no errors just powered off for no apparent reason. This was happening about every 6-8 hours..

I installed an application (not sure what it was called) that ran extensive testing on the PC for hours and logged any errors, it logged that many of my device drivers were not up to date and I should updated them...

As it turned out I had 22 drivers that were out of date, and of those 22 drivers there was 10 that no Windows 10 drivers were available....It turns out my hardware is not Windows 10 compatible..my problems have nothing to do with HAL

So my options are either buy a new Windows 10 PC or roll back to Windows 7.

I took the Windows 7 option, I formatted hard drive and reinstalled everything on the Windows 7 OS platform.

It's only been 4 days, but no mysterious HAL shut downs and no weird PC power shut downs either....I'll be watching and reporting..
canadauser is offline   Reply With Quote