View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 05:13 PM   #5
randy h

Default Re: Macro Limit in V6

I got my response back from HelpDesk. It's certainly true. As it turns out, there were even lower limits in my version 4 Hal2000, but they weren't enforced.

I had no idea these limits even existed. Now that I see them, (and they are not just macro limits) I don't really understand why they would even be in place for Ultra. I could see it for Basic, but Ultra is right below dealer.

I am currently at 127 Macros. Tech support was kind enough to point out that I can interchange Scene and Macro usage for a total of 200. But I don't want to invest my time and money to only hit count limits in the future as I expand my system.

I was a heavy user of Hal2000 and this forum before 2010. After that I kind of just let my Hal2000 ride along on its current settings. My XP machine that runs Hal is barely staying alive so I decided to upgrade to Version 6 Ultra, just so I could move to a Win8/10 PC.

But now, with these limits, I am just going to request a refund on my upgrade (still on 30 day trial, the license Manager won't run on my XP system), and let my Hal2000 and all the years of work I had on the system, go by the way side.

Hal2000 was really great for a long time. And I was kind of looking forward to getting to know the forum folks again. Too bad I can't justify continuing with it. I guess others felt the same way and that explains why this board is not as lively as it was back in 2010.
randy h is offline   Reply With Quote