Message Board
Home Automated Living Forums > General HAL Topics > Telephony » Cannot add Blocked numbers

Telephony This conference is for topics related to HAL's telephony features (voice mail, Caller ID announcing, call intercept, etc.)

Old 07-16-2016, 08:59 AM   #1
stregone

Default Cannot add Blocked numbers

After installing HAL Ultra Version 6.1.19 I can no longer right click from the incoming call list to add a phone number to the blocked list. The cursor will not even go down that far in the menu. I even tried to add the number to the directory so I could go back and change it to blocked, but it wont add the number to the directory either.

Does anybody know how I can resolve this issue?
stregone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 01:02 PM   #2
TimShriver
Administrator

Default Re: Cannot add Blocked numbers

Hi, I'm not sure what you mean when you say "The cursor will not even go down that far in the menu." There was a problem with the Directory view and popup menus that was recently addressed.

Build 6.1.18 May 31, 2016
===============================
Fixed PhonePad popup menu issue on Address Grid.

Can you post a screen capture or describe the problem a bit more. Feel free to call Tech Support for assistance!

Regards,

Tim
Old 07-23-2016, 08:50 AM   #3
stregone

The attached screen shot shows what happens when I right-click on a phone number I want to add to the blocked list from the Incoming Calls screen. The only thing I can do with the mouse is highlight Add to Directory and then select Fname, Lname or Company name, I am unable to continue down the menu to highlight Add to Blocked List, the cursor ignores that section. And if I try Add to Directory by Company Name, the name is not added to the directory so that I can not go back into the added name and make it a Blocked contact. Additionally, when I turn on the answering machine and call my house, HAL will answer the phone, but does not play the outgoing TTS message, its just silent. Also, if I leave a message, its not recorded. I have the latest update installed that I downloaded last night and the issue still exists. The caller ID announcement works fine and the phone is answered, but no sound on the callers end, not even a beep. My HAL computer is running Windows 10 now, so I am not sure if this is a conflict between HAL and Windows 10 because I did not have this issue with Windows XP or Windows 7.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PhonePad.JPG (27.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 07-23-2016, 08:58 AM   #4
TimShriver
Administrator

Hi Robert,

Now I follow you! I have added this to the Mantis Bug Tracking system... It will be resolved in the next build. The current Public release for HALultra is 6.1.27, internally we are at 6.1.28. So build 6.1.29 will address this...

In the meantime I have found a work around... after you get the popup window use your mouse to approach from the bottom of the menu instead of the top this will allow you to get to that option. It looks like once a sub menu is opened you cannot go anywhere else in the menu.

Thanks!

Tim
Old 07-23-2016, 09:14 AM   #5
stregone

Tim, thanks for the quick response.

I tried the work-around and was able to access the menu as you suggested, but the phone number and name are still not added to the blocked list.

I thought you might want to be aware of that as well.

Any suggestions as to why my outgoing TTS announcement in the answering machine is silent? Has that issue been posted somewhere on the board?

I know it worked in the past and I have not changed the settings since then.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:23 AM   #6
TimShriver
Administrator

Hi Robert,

Thanks for pointing out the other issue with actually executing a sub menu item! Noted and it too will be fixed.

Are you able to Modify the Mailbox with the outgoing TTS and click the "Test Greeting" button?

If so, what happens if you switch to a recorded Greeting? Does the outgoing message play then?

Also which modem are you using?

Thanks,

Tim
Old 07-23-2016, 10:39 AM   #7
stregone

I successfully recorded an outgoing message and tested the recording and it played when clicking "test greeting" however, when I call the house the same issue presents itself, HAL answers the call but no outgoing message is heard.

I apologize for the long delay in my responses, I am trying to prepare for a movie shoot in Dallas while troubleshooting HAL at the same time, sorry.

Last edited by stregone; 07-23-2016 at 10:42 AM. Reason: apology
Old 07-23-2016, 11:00 AM   #8
stregone

The modem is HAL VP100
Old 07-23-2016, 11:18 AM   #9
TimShriver
Administrator

Well, this is not good news... Are you able to talk to HAL over the local Handset???
Old 07-23-2016, 11:38 AM   #10
stregone

Yes, speaking through the handset works just fine and my custom TTS responses work as well, never have had an issue with them.