Message Board

Technical Assistance Questions posted to this conference may be answered by other users and/or HAL Technical Support. You can also contact HAL Technical Support directly.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:19 AM   #1
jamarotta
Advanced Member II

Default Demo period expired

When I restarted HALUltra yesterday I received the dreaded 'Your demo period has expired' box. Found this strange since I had upgraded to V6 last month and was also now running the latest public version of HALultra (6.0.22). I had entered my new license information received via email from Vivian and activated HAL after the initial upgrade from 5 to 6. So I figured I'd just run License manager and do it again. Went to the HAL subdirectory, found the license manager executable. Error response came up pertaining to an arithmetic overflow within the Microsoft .net framework and license manager would not run. Found this strange because .Net 4.5 is integral now to the latest WIndows OS (I'm running 64bit Windows 8.1). Tried re-installing HAL 6.0.22 (same demo period expired response). Tried re-installing Microsoft .net. Same license manager arithmetic overflow response. Was getting ready to contact HAL support when I tried one more thing - I stepped back to HAL version 6.0.19 (the first version I had installed after upgrading from 5 and had registered). Demo response has gone away and HALUltra 6.0.19 running (with no issues that I can see). Not sure if I am going to have problems upgrading when future versions come out but at least HAL is working again for the moment.. Joe
jamarotta is offline   Reply With Quote