Message Board

HALi HALi is an Actixe X interface that allow more advanced programming with HAL. Search this forum on how to create HALi Apps as well as find apps that others have already created.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:27 PM   #1
BDD43
Advanced Member III

Default Re: upgrade listing

Last edited by BDD43; 08-28-2015 at 05:00 PM.
BDD43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:24 PM   #2
TimShriver
Administrator

Default Re: upgrade listing

Hi Darrin,

So... There are lots of very cool new things in HAL v6 that will allow your imagination to run wild... We now have augmented HALi with HALws (WebServices) which allows you to interact with HAL from virtually any platform. It could be in an application or in a java web page. So unlike the HALi app that had to run on the HAL server, a HALws app can run anywhere.

With regard to the open ended google like questions, we really haven't given that much thought since so many people use their cell phone for looking up that type of information. I'm sure we could do something like that. Just the other day I was thinking it would be neat to incorporate that old app called Eliza to have an interesting dialog with your computer... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA

Well it's getting late but I will post more on HALws and HALi in the coming week.

Regards,

Tim

ps If you open this Zip file in windows 7 or 8 you will need to Right click on the file, select properties and Unblock in order to view it...
Attached Files
File Type: zip HALwsDocumentation.zip (643.8 KB, 26 views)