Message Board

Announcements Announcements from Home Automated Living will be made in this conference.

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 10:52 AM   #1
TimShriver
Administrator

Smile New v6 Build 6.0.62

Last week we released an updated v6.0.62 of HAL to a few beta testers. Information on how to receive updates can be found on the download page. http://www.automatedliving.com/Products_Downloads.aspx

This update has a few bug fixes as well as new features such as not only can you send HTTP but now you can also trigger rules based on incoming HTTP. You can now also send TCP commands. This is the current errata http://www.automatedliving.com/docs/errata.txt

Another feature that not many people are aware of is the Action Ask. As an example let's say you want to ask HAL to change the color of a Phillips HUE light. You can create a variable in HAL and populate it with the various colors.

In the screen shot below I use "Color Variable"

Next I set up macro an ask action pointing to the COLOR VARIABLE and macros for the various colors.

When you say “Set the Basement Office Hue Color” HAL then says “What color would you like me to use?” You can optionally have HAL speak the possible list of variable or not…

Then in Rules I created the following.

Not sure how many were aware of the Ask Action or how to use a variable like this… You could use this ask prompt for a lot of things. For example if they were to say Please Arm the Security System, You could prompt for the various arming modes and then arm in that mode…
Tim
Closed Thread