Message Board

HVAC (Thermostats) This conference is for topics related to HAL's HVAC features and the third-party HVAC controllers that can be used with HAL.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:11 PM   #11
TimShriver
Administrator

Default Re: Nest

Beginning in version 6.1.12 you are able to check if your HAL version is up-to-date and also get the current download link if your software maintenance support is current. Using License Manager you can click the “?” in the upper right corner to open the Status Screen. Here you will find details about your license and the current publicly available version of HAL that you have access to download. After version 6.1.24 you are able to find the same information in the HAL About screen.

Tim
Old 12-30-2016, 11:25 AM   #12
djewell

Is anyone else having issues with Hal not getting the proper temperatures with the nest thermostat?
djewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:29 PM   #13
TimShriver
Administrator

I just remotely connected into a couple of systems that use our HMS managed version of HAL and I know have Nest Stats... All of them are working fine. Did this start today?
Old 12-31-2016, 09:25 AM   #14
djewell

no this has been going on for a little while now, Hal is communicating because I can tell it to adjust the temperature and I can watch it dial it back. When I query the thermostat it seems to be stuck on its readings.

I told Hal to set temperature to 61 degrees. then I go look at the temperature settings and it is still at 63.
djewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 09:28 AM   #15
TimShriver
Administrator

What are you using to look at the temps? HomeNet Web UI?
Old 12-31-2016, 10:23 AM   #16
dtomcat
Advanced Member III

I noticed mine the same way the other day and forgot to check again. but sure enough my thermostat (on HAL iPhone app and HomeNet UI) reads 62 always... my home is 71 most of the time. looking right now... both read 62 and the Nest reads 71. Not sure if it's a software thing or not... only noticed it after recent update (not sure if it was present prior to). HALpro 6.1.37... just seen and update available. downloading update now and will post if it still reads 62.
HAL DMC
Tell Me v2.7.0
dtomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 10:55 AM   #17
dtomcat
Advanced Member III

Well I guess we'll never know... .39 doesn't allow me install it. it gets to backup portion of install then tells me it can't open oleaut32.dll and closes. no way to bypass it. I even rebooted the machine and closed all non system programs and services and still same results. guess i'm stuck on .37
HAL DMC
Tell Me v2.7.0

Last edited by dtomcat; 12-31-2016 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-31-2016, 11:05 AM   #18
TimShriver
Administrator

try running the install with the Custom option and select HAL program files. It sounds like you have a conflicting control installed on your system.

Also there haven't been any changes to the Nest related code since the 6.1.21 build back in June. You can always check yourself by looking at the errata.

If you send me an email with your nest information, I can try it here and see what results I get looking at your nest stats...

Tim
Old 12-31-2016, 11:19 AM   #19
dtomcat
Advanced Member III

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimShriver View Post
try running the install with the Custom option and select HAL program files. It sounds like you have a conflicting control installed on your system.

Also there haven't been any changes to the Nest related code since the 6.1.21 build back in June. You can always check yourself by looking at the errata.

If you send me an email with your nest information, I can try it here and see what results I get looking at your nest stats...

Tim

Tim,
Now that you say something... I may have changed my password! I'll feel dumb if that's the case... I'll follow up and let you know

as for the other issue I tried what you said and same results.

-Rob
HAL DMC
Tell Me v2.7.0
Old 12-31-2016, 02:26 PM   #20
dtomcat
Advanced Member III

Tim,
Finally got the install to work (had to do compatibility mode to windows xp sp3). Install went fine... after the install before doing anything with nest... nest temp was correct. I'll continue to monitor the temp to see if it is indeed updating again.

If it does, unfortunately I cannot rule out rebooting as the fix, or if the HAL update fixed it. (bad Troubleshooting... sorry). But for now all seems good.

-Rob
HAL DMC
Tell Me v2.7.0