Message Board
Home Automated Living Forums > General HAL Topics > Telephony » Caller ID - Rings but No Announcement

Telephony This conference is for topics related to HAL's telephony features (voice mail, Caller ID announcing, call intercept, etc.)

Old 05-14-2015, 04:53 PM   #1
mustang65

Default Caller ID - Rings but No Announcement

Another Telephone CallerID issue.

I just upgraded to 6.0.39. I can get HAL to give me 2 bursts of tone when I have an incoming call, but it does not announce the name or telephone number. I have it configured to announce, but if you look at the report is shows a false for CallerIDAnnounce.

I have tried entering the telephone numbers with and without the "-" in between the numbers. No change... I believe based on the telephone log that the CallerIDAnnounce and CallerIDAnomymos are not updated in the dB.

I have rebooted about 4 time today, but no change.

Any thoughts,

Don
mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:44 PM   #2
Mike
VP Engineering

Default Re: Caller ID - Rings but No Announcement

Don,

It almost looks to me like the modem is not reporting the CID data back to the application. This could be due to incorrect initialization settings for the modem. Can you open the telephone configuration area in HAL and make sure your modem type is selected and hit the Apply button.
Also, much of the telephone configuration settings are now stored in the Windows registry. It looks like you posted pictures of the older settings in the INI file. However, I will have someone on our development team verify that the CID settings are being properly saved and utilized.

-Mike
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:15 AM   #3
mustang65

Default Re: Caller ID - Rings but No Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Don,

It almost looks to me like the modem is not reporting the CID data back to the application. This could be due to incorrect initialization settings for the modem. Can you open the telephone configuration area in HAL and make sure your modem type is selected and hit the Apply button.
Also, much of the telephone configuration settings are now stored in the Windows registry. It looks like you posted pictures of the older settings in the INI file. However, I will have someone on our development team verify that the CID settings are being properly saved and utilized.

-Mike
All the pictures are copied after I completed the upgrade. I noticed one of the last date was sometime in January. I opened the telephone configuration and made sure that HAL had the correct modem and then clicked on Apply. I shut down HAL and rebooted, I opened the telephone configuration and there were no changes from the original copy that I sent you. I compared them line by line. I also made a test call with the same results, two tone bursts and nothing else. The HAL welcome message when restarted plays also.
Thanks
Don

Last edited by mustang65; 05-27-2015 at 09:24 AM.
mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote