Message Board

Telephony This conference is for topics related to HAL's telephony features (voice mail, Caller ID announcing, call intercept, etc.)

Old 04-12-2015, 02:42 PM   #1
dtomcat
Advanced Member III

Default Way2Call Desktop pro

Tim,
Bit the bullet and got the Way2Call Desktop Pro. everything seems great except one major part of the modem... It does not hangup when someone leaves a message (or the answering machine picks up in general). caller ID works 100% which I really wanted... sound quality is great... but when I leave a message or let the answering machine pick up... it keeps the phone off the hook. Another interesting note, when I manually hangup the phone from the phone pad... it still keeps recording the message until the time limit set for the mailbox. so I left a 5 second message... and no matter how long... the message will always be 2 mins. I've tried modem silence detection as well as software silence detection with same results. HAL hangs up the phone after every other event... just not when answering machine is involved... Is this a bug? or just my setup? Thanks! I went back to the VP100 and everything works as advertised again (except caller ID only works 50-60% of the time).
-Rob
HAL DMC
Tell Me v2.7.0
dtomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:42 PM   #2
john.cafagna

Default Re: Way2Call Desktop pro

Has anyone found a way to get the Way2Call to read caller ID on VOIP phones? I have FiOS in my house and believe that may be the culprit. I did see some TAPI settings asking about CALLER ID Settings and the frequency... but those are not present within HAL which takes over the device. Any suggestions are welcomed! I am running HalUltra and Windows 10. All calls come in as unknown. It is not the end of the world as most people call my cell unless they are telemarketers.
john.cafagna is offline   Reply With Quote