Message Board
Home Automated Living Forums > General HAL Topics > Telephony » Cannot add Blocked numbers

Telephony This conference is for topics related to HAL's telephony features (voice mail, Caller ID announcing, call intercept, etc.)

Old 07-23-2016, 12:34 PM   #11
TimShriver
Administrator

Default Re: Cannot add Blocked numbers

Are your phone settings like in the attached image?

Tim
Attached Images
File Type: png TelephoneSetting.png (30.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 07-23-2016, 02:24 PM   #12
stregone

Yes my phone settings screen matches the attachment
stregone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 07:53 PM   #13
dtomcat
Advanced Member III

Tim/stregone,
I do not mean to hijack this thread, but only want to ask a questions since it seems alluded to in Tim's response...

I have a VP100 modem... and have notice I am unable to use my handsets to speak to HAL... is this the problem you alluded to in your last response on first page of this thread?

-Rob
HAL DMC
Tell Me v2.7.0
dtomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 08:42 PM   #14
stregone

Thumbs up Re: Cannot add Blocked numbers

Tim,

There was a lot of different issues discovered throughout my troubleshooting phase:

My ISP had issues with my service and I suspect since its the same as my phone company, the Caller ID was not reporting either because I noticed HAL was not announcing my calls.

There appeared to be a conflict with my com ports and I noticed during my last call to the home phone from my iPhone, there was no ring in the ear piece of my iPhone while the house phone was ringing, only silence, which is probably why I could not hear the announcement once HAL answered.

Then I remembered reading somewhere on the board that having HAL announce the caller repeatedly could possibly cause an issue.

My internet connection came back, I resolved the com port conflict, I changed the HAL settings to announce call Once instead of until call is answered and I rebooted my iPhone, After all that, everything has mysteriously been restored to normal again. I call the home phone, I hear the phone ring in the iPhone earpiece, Hal announces the call, I heard HAL's TTS play the outgoing answering machine message, left a message and Finally everything is restored. Not sure how many of my sub issues were related to this whole thing, but sharing all the details may help someone else in the future.

Thanks for taking the time to help me troubleshoot on what should be your day off, I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate your expertise and assistance. Now I can feel comfortable leaving my home in HAL's hands again while I am gone to Dallas.

Have a Great Weekend.
stregone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:55 PM   #15
TimShriver
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtomcat View Post
Tim/stregone,
I do not mean to hijack this thread, but only want to ask a questions since it seems alluded to in Tim's response...

I have a VP100 modem... and have notice I am unable to use my handsets to speak to HAL... is this the problem you alluded to in your last response on first page of this thread?

-Rob
Hi Rob,

No not the same thing. Do you have the phone lines in the correct jacks for line and phone. This is often the problem. Also check to make sure that in System Settings under Voice Rec that the "Enable Telephone ASR" is checked, then under Telephone the the "Supports house phones" is checked.

Please let me know if that solves it...

Tim
Old 08-12-2016, 12:58 PM   #16
TimShriver
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stregone View Post
Then I remembered reading somewhere on the board that having HAL announce the caller repeatedly could possibly cause an issue.

My internet connection came back, I resolved the com port conflict, I changed the HAL settings to announce call Once instead of until call is answered and I rebooted my iPhone, After all that, everything has mysteriously been restored to normal again. I call the home phone, I hear the phone ring in the iPhone earpiece, Hal announces the call, I heard HAL's TTS play the outgoing answering machine message, left a message and Finally everything is restored. Not sure how many of my sub issues were related to this whole thing, but sharing all the details may help someone else in the future.
I am running Windows 7 (32) with 4gb and a VP300. I am able to have the announce Until Answered on with no issue. Have you tried to go back to announce Until Answered to see if it was something else?

Tim