Message Board

General Questions and Discussions This conference is for general questions and discussions not related to one of the other conferences in this WebBoard.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:41 AM   #1
DadGoneMad
Advanced Member

Default Windows 10 (Issues?)

Hello and good morning to all...

I recently upgraded from Win7 Ultra to Windows 10 and am running HALPro 6.0.42. I am having a problem with bringing up HALHomeNet. I've tried using the new MS Browser, and Chrome, but neither will come up when I attempt to launch "View HALHomeNet" from the menu.

Anyone have any ideas if there are issues with HALHomeNet and Microsoft's new Browser or if it might be a Windows 10 issue?

Any guidance or advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
DadGoneMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:02 PM   #2
radiodyne

Default Re: Windows 10 (Issues?)

I too upgraded to Windows 10. I am having problems with right clicking on Hal's ear to bring up the menu, Hal Homenet, and sound playback.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve
radiodyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:12 AM   #3
TimShriver
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadGoneMad View Post
Hello and good morning to all...

I recently upgraded from Win7 Ultra to Windows 10 and am running HALPro 6.0.42. I am having a problem with bringing up HALHomeNet. I've tried using the new MS Browser, and Chrome, but neither will come up when I attempt to launch "View HALHomeNet" from the menu.

Anyone have any ideas if there are issues with HALHomeNet and Microsoft's new Browser or if it might be a Windows 10 issue?

Any guidance or advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
Have you tried to reinstall HALpro after the update? Also the latest public release is v6.0.45.

We have had one report of a customer that could not use Edge on the HAL system to view HomeNet, but could use Edge from another Windows 10 system to connect to HomeNet.

Please let me know if reinstalling HAL addresses your problem. If you continue to have a problem please submit a Help Desk ticket. http://www.automatedliving.com/helpdesk/index.php?a=add

Regards,

Tim
Old 09-24-2015, 09:15 AM   #4
TimShriver
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiodyne View Post
I too upgraded to Windows 10. I am having problems with right clicking on Hal's ear to bring up the menu, Hal Homenet, and sound playback.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve
Hi Steve,

Are you able to right click on the HAL Telephone in the system tray and see a popup menu?

Are you able to see HomeNet from another computer or just not on the HAL system running windows 10?

Have you checked your System Settings - Audio to verify the mixer settings after the Windows Update?

Regards,

Tim
Old 09-24-2015, 12:27 PM   #5
TimShriver
Administrator

We have found that there is an issue with Windows 10 Edge, which does not allow local loopback. This is when the browser on your system tries to communicate with another app on the same computer (which has the same IP address).

We found a command that can be entered from a command prompt that was initiated by "Run as Administrator".

This link goes into more detail http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...ows-10-preview

But the gist is until Microsoft fixes the issue, you can enter the following command "CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n="Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe"

After restarting Edge you should be able to see HomeNet on the same computer that is running HAL.

Regards,

Tim
Old 06-05-2016, 11:08 AM   #6
canadauser

Were do we sit as far as compatibility with Windows 10, one of my Win 7 PCs (non HAL) had a forced upgrade to Windows 10 that crashed the PC and I lost every thing....took me 60 hrs to rebuild that PC back to were it was.....Sorry if this has already been answered.....Dennis
canadauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:21 AM   #7
TimShriver
Administrator

Hi,

As of HAL version 6.0.0 it will work on Windows XP, Vista, Server, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. The latest build 6.1.19 will not work on XP. Since Windows is no longer supporting XP we will not be able to do so moving forward. You should be fine with windows 10 albeit not my favorite OS...

Tim