Message Board

X10, UPB, Z-Wave and Insteon This forum is for topics related to X10/Z-Wave/UPB/Insteon configuration with HAL.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:02 AM   #1
xlurkr

Default Interfaces

If the old forum posts were available, I probably wouldn't have to ask these questions. But they aren't, so...

What are the SmartHome interface models #s that are supported in v6? I'm guessing

2412/2413S
2412/2413U
2448A7

I have the last one (2448A7). I get stuck adding a device. I tried to add a KeypadLinc dimmer, both by putting the KPL in linking mode and by address. Either way, it never finishes. The interface works just fine in the SmartHome HouseLinc software.

I also have an ACT ZCU000 z-wave interface. I can't add it to HAL. When I select it, it asks for the serial port it's connected to, even though it's a USB device. Can't get past that.

Is it true that this and the Intermatic stick, both discontinued, are the only supported z-wave devices? I thought there was support for the VRC0P, but it isn't in the list.

-Tom
xlurkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:56 PM   #2
dtomcat
Advanced Member III

Default Re: Interfaces

I don't know exactly... but the device it's asking for a serial port for... it may be that once the PC installs it... it creates a virtual serial port.... go into your device manager and see if there is a com port for that device? Hope that helps some

-Rob
HAL DMC
Tell Me v2.7.0
dtomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:55 PM   #3
TimShriver
Administrator

Smile Re: Interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlurkr View Post
If the old forum posts were available, I probably wouldn't have to ask these questions. But they aren't, so...
There is nothing wrong with asking a question, emailing support or even calling the support line...

Quote:
What are the SmartHome interface models #s that are supported in v6? I'm guessing

2412/2413S
2412/2413U
2448A7
You are correct and the supported interfaces are shown on the interface setup dialog.

Since you are having problems, please let us know the model of the dimmer.

Quote:
I also have an ACT ZCU000 z-wave interface. I can't add it to HAL. When I select it, it asks for the serial port it's connected to, even though it's a USB device. Can't get past that.

Is it true that this and the Intermatic stick, both discontinued, are the only supported z-wave devices? I thought there was support for the VRC0P, but it isn't in the list.
No they are not the only supported devices. Also the VRC0P Leviton Vizia RF is listed. See the image below.

Also here is a link to the VRC0P should you need one..
http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-VRC0P-.../dp/B001HT0PK8

Tim
Old 01-28-2015, 11:48 PM   #4
xlurkr

Tim:

Your menus don' look like mine. Mine are attached. It's a new HAL Basic installation I downloaded from your website a few days ago.

I tried 2 different devices, a KeypadLinc dimmer model #2486D and a ToggleLinc relay model #2466S. I don't think the interface was working. When HouseLinc uses it to link, the LED blinks. It never did with HAL.

How about the ACT ZCU000?

-Tom
Attached Images
File Type: png Halmenu1.PNG (43.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png Halmenu2.PNG (41.6 KB, 12 views)
xlurkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:42 AM   #5
TimShriver
Administrator

Hi Tom,

The Setup Wizard is for a quick basic setup and does not address all the various interfaces and hardware you could possibly use with HAL.

The same is true for the Old version 3 of HALdeluxe you own... To access the complete variety of possible hardware interfaces you need to open System Settings.

In the screen shots i previously posted to this thread, you will notice that the product I was using was HALhms and the window open was System Settings. This is the same window you would have used in HALdeluxe for such settings. You can find HAL System Settings under the HAL Program Folder in the Windows Start Menu or from the HAL Ear popup menu.

BTW HALhms stands for Home Manager System which is a managed version of HAL we sell to our dealers.

If you continue to have problems simply call our support line 855 4-HAL-Help

Regards,

Tim
Old 06-25-2015, 04:08 PM   #6
TimShriver
Administrator

The HAL Interface page has been updated http://www.automatedliving.com/Products_Interfaces.aspx
So this should help in the future...

Regards,

Tim
Old 11-21-2015, 04:06 PM   #7
randy h

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimShriver View Post
The HAL Interface page has been updated http://www.automatedliving.com/Products_Interfaces.aspx
So this should help in the future...

Regards,

Tim
On the referenced page above , using Chrome or IE I am unable to expand or collapse any of the sub entries. Lighting is expanded but I can't close it or open any others.

thanks,
randy
randy h is offline   Reply With Quote