Message Board
Home Automated Living Forums > HAL Advanced Topic > HA Project Center » HAL, Amazon Echo/Dot, SMS, and TV Control

HA Project Center What have you done with HAL and/or HA? Explain it here for other to use and expand.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:57 PM   #41
BDD43
Advanced Member III

Default Re: HAL, Amazon Echo/Dot, SMS, and TV Control

Thanks Tim!

Now, I will get this going. I wanted to make sure I could call it directly. Since it sounds like it is almost seen as a device, that would cut out me calling my program first.
BDD43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 05:07 PM   #42
BDD43
Advanced Member III

Started going through setting this up. First got an error 500 and no devices found. Then rebooted and still no devices, but no error from the web page, just this in the cmd screen:
ERROR spark.webserver.MatcherFilter -
com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_ARRAY but was STRING at line 1 column 15 path $.IrButtons
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapte rFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory .java:220)
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:879)
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:844)
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:793)
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:765)
at com.bwssystems.hal.HalInfo.getDeviceButtons(HalInf o.java:156)
at com.bwssystems.hal.HalInfo.getButtons(HalInfo.java :8
at com.bwssystems.hal.HalHome.getDevices(HalHome.java :90)
at com.bwssystems.HABridge.devicemanagmeent.DeviceRes ource.lambda$14(DeviceResource.java:287)
at spark.ResponseTransformerRouteImpl$1.handle(Respon seTransformerRouteImpl.java:47)
at spark.webserver.MatcherFilter.doFilter(MatcherFilt er.java:162)

---
Also noticed this upon trying to save. I am running the bat file as Administrator:

[main] INFO com.bwssystems.HABridge.BridgeSettings - Cannot set permissions for config file on this system as it is not supported. Continuing
Old 12-29-2016, 06:00 PM   #43
dtomcat
Advanced Member III

Just received my Echo Dot today in the mail. Setup via the latest guide posted on this thread... Works Great!
HAL DMC
Tell Me v2.7.0
dtomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 07:04 PM   #44
TimShriver
Administrator

That's great... We are working on creating a UI in HAL to allow you to configure the devices. If you look in the Data directory under where you launch the bridge, you'll see a file called devices.db. This is what you have configured using the Bridge UI.

What we plan on doing is having an option in System Settings to Enable the BWS Bridge and HAL will create the habridge.config file. If this option is enabled, then as part of the Device Wizard and the Macro Wizard you will be able to checkbox if the device is to be included in the device.db that is used by the HA Bridge.

No time frame as of yet for this feature in the new version 7.

Tim
Old 12-30-2016, 11:20 AM   #45
BDD43
Advanced Member III

I could never get the bridge working after several attempts. I did read through the bridge site on the errors, but still not working. Might try a new computer again.
Excellent concept on making it more integrated and user friendly within HAL; maybe add it in with HALNET?
Old 12-30-2016, 12:24 PM   #46
TimShriver
Administrator

Why don't you call our support line and see if one of the guys can help you get it configured?

Tim
Old 12-30-2016, 07:21 PM   #47
BDD43
Advanced Member III

TIm,

WIll do. I followed the directions to the T a couple of times, but I'm also running a web service, but on a different port....and I even shut it down, but still an error. It will help me out tremendously since I am writing code to do the same thing in C#. Much cleaner using the bridge.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:08 PM   #48
DadGoneMad
Advanced Member

Just as an FYI, I recently upgraded from my DSL to high-speed with AT&T. After the installation of their new wireless router my HA Bridge would not launch with HAL. No errors, very confusing. I realized that the IP address of my HALUltra Server changed and the config file for the Bridge was still referencing my old IP address with the port used (8089).

I manually edited the habridge.config file using notepad, replacing the old IP address with the new one, then edited the device.db file using notepad, updating and replacing the old IP address within the device.db file with the new one and viola, after starting the HA-Bridge-Start.bat file the bridge came up just fine and is back working good as new.

Just thought I'd share a bit of this information with you, in case it helps others.
DadGoneMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 04:36 PM   #49
TimShriver
Administrator

You can change the IP Address of the HAL under the Bridge Control screen. However once the devices are added, the only way currently to change the ip address of items already added, is to do as you have discovered... edit the device.db I'll ask the folks at BWS if they can add an option to update the IP Address, port and Token if changed. I know they are working on a couple of other requests such as allowing for HTTPS.

Tim
Old 01-14-2017, 08:37 PM   #50
DadGoneMad
Advanced Member

Tim,
I tried to load the bridge control screen, but nothing would ever open. I just MacGyver'd a solution to see if I could fix it and it worked. However another problem that's surfaced is now I'm VOIP and they couldn't connect the phone line to my office connected to the HAL modem, not enough pairs after they had to loop-back the alarm system to get it to work correctly with monitoring service. UG! Any other solution that would allow me to use my house phones to talk to HAL? Have much faster internet, but now have broken SOOOO many things in the house due to the reconfiguration and the installation of AT&T's wireless router.. UG...
DadGoneMad is offline   Reply With Quote