Message Board

General Questions and Discussions This conference is for general questions and discussions not related to one of the other conferences in this WebBoard.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:02 PM   #1
jscascio

Default Android App

I downloaded the Android app today to check it out. It is unable to connect to HAL. I verified the connection settings multiple times and still get a password/network error. All other Windows/MacOS devices are able to connect to HomeNet using the same IP/port/password credentials via a browser. Any suggestions?
jscascio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:02 PM   #2
TimShriver
Administrator

Default Re: Android App

Hi,

You cannot connect the HAL Android or iPhone smartphone apps to HAL using the web UI HomeNet. You need to enable HALids from within System Settings. Please make sure to specify a password regardless of weather you will be accessing it locally or remotely with port forwarding.

Once you have enabled HALids you will need to restart HAL after which you should see a smartphone in your system tray. On you settings page for the HAL smartphone app, using the HTTP port initially and also start by trying to connect over your home's wireless network. So use our HAL computers IP address.

If you are still unable to connect try the following:

- In the ..\HAL\Logs directory delete your HALids.log file
- Verify your password is set correctly in both HALids and the Android app.
- Try to connect using your HAL computer's local IP not through a WAN or Dynamic DNS address.
- Try using the HTTP port not the secure connection option/port.
- Make sure the port you are using for the HTTP connection such as 10080 is not blocked by your firewall.

If you open HALids from the system tray it will show you the status of incoming connections.

Regards,

Tim
Attached Images
File Type: png HALids 1.png (16.5 KB, 20 views)
Old 11-16-2016, 09:34 PM   #3
Adtranz

When my Internet Device Server is running my Windows 7 machine will not shutdown. This creates a problem when I try to remotely re-boot the computer. It probably doesn't matter because I have never been able to get the Android HAL HomeNet App to connect anyhow.
Adtranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 11:00 PM   #4
TimShriver
Administrator

To prevent HALids from verifying if you are sure you want to close, uncheck the Verify option on the HALids screen as shown in the attached image.
Attached Images
File Type: png HALids-verify.png (19.8 KB, 7 views)