Message Board
Home Automated Living Forums > General HAL Topics > Technical Assistance » Windows 10 and HALUltra 6.nn problem

Technical Assistance Questions posted to this conference may be answered by other users and/or HAL Technical Support. You can also contact HAL Technical Support directly.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2016, 08:33 AM   #1
canadauser

Default Windows 10 and HALUltra 6.nn problem

I upgraded (forced) to Windows 10 back in July and at the same time upgraded to HALUltra 6.0

The PC is dedicated so other than HALUltra and some UPB configuration software, and virus/malware software there really isn’t anything other software installed in the PC.

Shortly after I had everything up and running I started to see a pattern of HAL NOT turning on/off lights when it was scheduled to do so. I would go the PC to investigate and every thing looks fine no error messages and when I would open the hidden icon box (bottom right corner) I see the HAL ear and the phone but within a split second of opening the popup the ear disappears from the box….no error messages.

If I try to restart HAL it says the HAL Server is already running. If I reboot every thing starts up again and will run just fine for anywhere from 3 hours to 3 days them poof nothing is working.

I have had this problem from ver 6.0 and now the latest Ver 6.1.33 which was installed 4 days ago….

To be honest, I have 3 PC all running the new Windows 10 and all three have some weird quirking stuff happening….but none of the issues are the same on each of the PC. NOt saying this is a HAL problem but possibly and HAL / Windows 10 issue

As it sits, HAL is not functioning as it should
canadauser is offline   Reply With Quote